Through our services you can create custom audiences. This feature enables you to create an audience using your data such as email addresses and phone numbers. When using this feature through Exod, your data is locally hashed on your system before you upload and pass such data to Exod and third-parties to be used to create your custom audience (the “Hashed Data”) on the third-parties platforms. Without limiting any agreement between you and Exod, by clicking “I accept” passing to Exod the Hashed Data, or using custom audiences for advertising, you agree to the following:
- You represent and warrant, without limiting anything in these terms, that you have all necessary rights and permissions and a lawful basis to disclose and use the Hashed Data in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry guidelines. If you are using a Facebook identifier to create a custom audience, you must have obtained the identifier directly from the data subject in compliance with these terms.
- If you are providing Hashed Data on behalf of an advertiser, you represent and warrant that you have the authority as agent to the advertiser to disclose and use such data on their behalf and will bind the advertiser to these terms.
- You represent and warrant that the Hashed Data does not relate to data about any individual who has exercised an option that you have, directly or indirectly, committed to honoring or provided to opt out of having that data disclosed and used for targeted advertising. To the extent an individual exercises such an opt-out after you have used data relating to that individual to create a custom audience, you will remove that data subject from the custom audience.
- You instruct Exod to use the Hashed Data for the matching process on a third-party platform. We will maintain the confidentiality and security of the Hashed Data and the collection of Facebook User IDs that comprise the custom audience(s) created from your Hashed Data (“your custom audience(s)”), including by maintaining technical and physical safeguards that are designed to (a) protect the security and integrity of data while it is within Exod’s systems and (b) guard against the accidental or unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure of data within Exod’s systems.
- When using Exod to create a custom audience on a third-party such as Facebook, we will give access to or information about the custom audience(s) only to that specific third-party, we will not use your custom audience(s) to append to the information we have about our users or build interest-based profiles, or use your custom audience(s) except to provide services to you, unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
- Exod may modify, suspend or terminate access to, or discontinue the availability of, the custom audiences feature at any time. You may discontinue your use of the custom audiences feature at any time. You may delete your custom audience(s) from the Exod system at any time through your account tools.
- You may not use the custom audiences feature unless you are an advertiser (or an agency acting on behalf of an advertiser), Ads API or Custom Audiences API partner, a data partner uploading an audience on behalf of that advertiser.
- You may not sell or transfer your custom audiences, or authorize any third party to sell or transfer custom audiences. If you have entered into an independent agreement with a partner for licensing marketing information, you may use the custom audiences tools and sharing functionality to create and provide custom audiences for advertising based on that information, subject to the requirements of these terms and applicable law.